Treatment of Eye Diseases in Marietta by a GA Eye Doctor
When was the last time you’ve seen an eye doctor in Marietta, GA? If the answer is more than two years, you need to make your vision a priority and schedule an appointment today. This becomes especially true as you get older and you’re at higher risk of many eye diseases.
We’ll now explain more about these common eye diseases and their treatments.
Eye Disease Treatment in Marietta
If you need eye disease treatment in Marietta, contact East Cobb Eye Center. There, you can receive treatment from such diseases and conditions as:
- Retinal detachments: The blood and nerve tissue and the retina sever from one another when a patient has a retinal detachment. This could lead to permanent loss of vision. If you believe you have a retinal detachment, surgery is often the only way to preserve your vision. Such procedures as scleral buckles, pneumatic retinopexy, cryopexy, and laser surgery can save vision.
- Ocular hypertension: If blood pressure in the eye surpasses a certain point, ocular hypertension can occur. It’s best to see your eye doctor in Marietta as soon as possible. Medication and lifestyle changes to control blood pressure are the best forms of treatment.
- Low vision: If you’ve tried contacts and glasses without improvements to your vision, go see your eye doctor. They may diagnose you with low vision, which occurs due to age, cataracts, glaucoma, diabetes, eye injuries, certain diseases, and birth defects. By using reading prisms and magnifiers in addition to contacts or glasses, you should have better vision.
- Keratoconus: The eye’s cornea has a typical circular shape for many people. For those with keratoconus, the shape slowly changes until it becomes more pointed. With eye surgery or hard-to-wear contacts, an eye doctor can treat keratoconus.
- Glaucoma: The eye normally has a certain pressure, but that often becomes high in glaucoma patients. That impacts the optic nerve and causes symptoms like nausea, rainbow halos, eye aches, and blurry vision. Surgery and medication can make a huge difference in vision.
- Cataracts: As “clouds” that form over the eyes, cataracts tend to appear slowly. If not treated early enough, these clouds can permanently rob a patient of their vision. Cataract surgery can remove each cloud. The eye doctor will fit you with an intraocular lens for better vision.
About East Cobb Eye Center, Your Eye Doctor in Marietta
Are you looking for treatment of eye diseases in Marietta? Come see us at East Cobb Eye Center, your eye doctor in Marietta. We also serve those in Sandy Springs, Acworth, Woodstock, Milton, Alpharetta, Roswell, and more.
Our board-certified optometric physician Dr. Giannamore specializes in the eye diseases and conditions above as well as others. With our ophthalmology services, you’ll get comprehensive vision care. We use cutting-edge technology to diagnose and treat many eye diseases.
To learn more or schedule an appointment today, call us at (770) 642-4001 or visit us at East Cobb Eye Center on 3960 Shallowford Road, Suite A.